Flex Power Designer
Sketch, simulate, configure and monitor your digital power system.
The Power Designer software goes beyond converter configuration and provides an overview of the whole power system enabling you to define relationships across rails, including phase spreading, sequencing, and fault spreading.
The built-in simulation enables power-stage analysis to optimize tuning and visualize design behavior against your power requirements such as transient response, output impedance, and power dissipation.
Flex Power Designer is free to use after you register for a personal license. Using the application without registration is not permitted. If you are already registered on this site, please sign in.
Power Designer features include:
- System configuration and efficiency calculation of the entire power system including non-Flex devices.
- Configuration and simulation of the control loop, transient response and power dissipation.
- System functions for sequencing, tracking, paralleling and synchronization/phase spreading configuration.
- Easy configuration and monitoring of your digital power modules.
- SMBus tool and sample code bundled for full SMBus control and production programming.
- Easy reference design feature for Xilinx FPGAs, and integration with Xilinx Power Estimator for straightforward import of XPE files.
- The user guide will be included in the installation software.
Latest Release: Flex Power Designer 4.3 (01/21/2022)
Below is a short (<5min) overview of some of the key features of Flex Power Designer
The 4-part video series below goes into more detail in terms of how to use Flex Power Designer
Part 1 - Creating a new project; Adding an IBC; Review Basic tab; Show Registers tab; Show the thermal derating information in the Datasheet section
Part 2 - Adding a POL; Adding parallel devices; Set voltages; Show system view connections; Write a project to RAM; Turn units On/Off; Show Status fields; Explain Monitoring and Plots
Part 3 - Add more POLs; Discuss relationships between rails using GCB bus; Sequencing; Phase Spreading
Part 4 - Discuss Loop Compensator; Optimization; Load Transients; Output Ripple etc.